CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Talking to Whitney


Because it was Mother's Day yesterday we were able to call Whitney and talk to her. We visited with her for 45 minutes. She sounds so happy and more confident about herself. She is doing well teaching her English lessons and she said the people say her Spanish is coming along nicely. She still dislikes most of the food and she and her companion both have worms(I hope they can get that taken care of)but otherwise she is fine. She has lost about 40 pounds so her clothes are falling off of her. They will be having 1 baptism this week and they are really trying to get the members to help fellowship more. There are only 12 sisters in her whole mission and only 4 from North America and two of them are going home at the end of the summer. She said they could use 150 more missionaries in their mission. There is a new Elder in her district, he's from Richfield so she's excited to have someone to talk to about home. She was excited about the Jazz win, so were we, all in all it was a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Alan and Shelley

I'm so happy you got to talk to Whit yesterday. I was hoping you would have some news on your blog about her. It's so wonderful that she's starting to feel more comfortable there in Honduras. Don't you think from here on out it will just get so much better, because she is used to the culture. That's great that there is an elder from Richfield to talk to. She needs someone she can connect with on that rural Utah level. Too bad about the worm. What will they do to get rid of it? Are you going to send her email letter today? I hope so. I enjoy reading her letters. Hey, what about the fireworks thing?

sara

I really enjoyed talking with her too. Just hearing about all of her adventures made me laugh. She sounded so confident and strong and happy. It was great to hear her voice. I don't want to wish the next year away but I can't wait until she is home. Talking with her made all my mission memories come alive again. It was great!

Stacy

She looks and sounds so great, we miss her so much. As I am sure you do!

Alan and Shelley

Hey, we would like to send Miranda a graduation announcement from Zack. Please leave a comment on my blog and let me know her address. What about the fireworks?