CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Desert!


Since you couldn't come to the desert with us, we brought the desert to you.  These are assorted pictures from my camera and Miranda's phone(since my battery died after 8 pictures).  As most of you can tell, we first stopped at the Wedge, where Jim and I had a dispute about which snow-topped mountains were in the background.  I said they were the Bookcliffs and he said they were the Henry's.  It turns out we were both wrong even though he did correct himself and say they were the mountains by Moab.  They are the called the LaSals. I was absolutely positive they weren't the Henry's.   It's funny, but all these years since I was a little girl, we would drive east to the Wedge and come to the edge of the overlook, so I thought the Wedge ran north and south.  It really runs east to west.  This is why I was mixed up and thought I was looking at the Bookcliffs behind Window Blind Peak.  Some of the pictures were taken at the Buckhorn Panel.  When we were there, the panel was in the full sun so the pictographs didn't show up as well as they would have in the evening.  We had a good day and missed you all.  Maybe you'll be here for Easter next year.

2 comments:

Alan and Shelley

Thank you for posting the pictures. the desert looks beautiful as ever, and I'm glad someone went there this year. I also missed out on dying easter eggs this year so I was glad to see Tenny's post about the easter eggs. I just read you email and am not sure which trucks you are talking about. The dodge pickups? or others? I will let alan know. Hope you enjoy the rest of your easter festivities and conference too.

Stacy

We miss you all this holiday, but glad you are having a great time. We had snow last night, and the Easter Egg Hunt was in my front room, hall, and dining room. That's a first for me, indoor hunt! Easier than trying to hunt in the snow for Maren and her broken legg.