CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Peach Cobbler Anyone?

 It's that time of year for fresh peaches so here is a recipe for one of my favorite peach desserts.
This is a recipe from my old Betty Crocker cookbook.

1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups sliced peaches(about 6 medium)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons shortening
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a 2-quart saucepan.  Stir in peaches and lemon juice.  Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.  Boil and stir 1 minute.  Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole;  keep peach mixture hot in the oven.

Cut shortening into flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs.  Stir in milk.  Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto the hot peach mixture.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.  Serve warm and, if desired, with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

 Jim brought these beautiful flowers home from Salt Lake the other day.  I think the colors are absolutely gorgeous.

This is my favorite flower.

3 comments:

Alan and Shelley

Yes please, I would like some of that peach cobbler. I think this is the same recipe I use, but I add some sugar and cinnamon to the crust part. Can't have things too spicy or sweet is my motto. It's one of my favorites because, if you don't remember, Mom made this on one of the days that you, Whitney, Mom and Sara came up to Ashton to move Sara up for her first year of college. I think we ate it with Farr's Old Fashioned vanilla ice cream and watched Room with a View. That was a good time, even though you had to leave Sara with us and go home with a really sad mom and daughter. Cool that Jim brought you flowers.

sara

I love making peach cobbler every year around this time. I love that recipe. I have a few minor adjustments that Mom made to the recipe. It is absolutely one of my very favorite recipes because it reminds me of Mom. I will be making mine within the next week or so. Can't wait.

Stacy

Yum!
Wow, you are the good wife!