CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Grey Lady!

 Today was Banner's Halloween Recital.  She decided she wanted to be the "Grey Lady".  She found this idea on the Martha Stewart website.

 We purchased all the gray and white tulle that they had at the Price Wal-Mart for the dress.
I then dyed the white tulle and some cream colored curtains for her head covering.

 Whitney spray painted the flowers gray and we tied black ribbons around the flowers and her waist.

 I used a paper doile and white face paint to do her face.  She looked very grey and gloomy.
She played Tcherepnin's Bagatelle in E flat for her piece and did a wonderful job.

Tennyson made these lovely carmel, chocolate, almond apples for us last weekend.  We've got so many apples we don't know what to do with them all.

3 comments:

Alan and Shelley

Who is the grey lady? Is there a story about her? I really like the doily effect on her forehead. I have to remember this costume, it looked easy but spooky.

Stacy

I would like to hear the music! This was a great idea.

sara

Banner looks sort of creepy in a grey, eery sort of way. The apples look yummy. I need to make some. I love how everyone is so creative. It makes me want to try more things. Have a great Halloween.