CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Cloudy Day!

I looked out the window and saw these very puffy clouds. I thought to myself these clouds match our very cloudy day.
It actually started yesterday when Miranda called us from Provo to say that there was something wrong with her car. She had picked up Noah and had 2 roommates with her. They were all stuck in Provo. Jim told her to park it and call Sara to see if she could come down and pick them up.
Sara graciously consented and so Jim took off a day early for his meetings, chiropractor visit and golf day at Jeremy Ranch(which he is very excited about). He drove down from Salt Lake this morning with Miranda in tow, got the car to a repair shop and guess what. The engine is BLOWN. It threw a rod.
The car is almost 10 years old and has over 100,000 miles on it and has been driven by Miranda for the last 5 1/2 years so it was not in the best shape to begin with. It's not worth putting a new engine in it so we sold it to the man for parts. Of course Jim being Jim, called a few others places and this guy offered us the best deal.
Miranda said she got a little teary eyed at leaving her car but she got taken to Ogden where they picked up a cute little 2005 Volvo S40 with a sunroof and leather seats. Hopefully this will console her during her grieving process. I'm sure she will post pictures of her new possession later.

6 comments:

Alan and Shelley

That's sad. It's like raising a special pig or cow and then realizing that you're going to take it to the slaughter house. We just accustomed to our things the way we are and we don't like changes. i feel bad for Miranda ane her cute green car. Oh well, yes it must have been a cloudy day for you. I wonder what Morgan will do when her car gives up the ghost.

sara

I have seen the new car. It is pretty sweet. I don't think she'll be in mourning for very much longer over the old Bonnie

The Schauerhamers

yeah I don't know what I'll do when my car gives up the dust.... But I highly doubt my parents will buy me a new Volvo when it does hahahahah..... I'm sure it will be a van or small SUV bought by yours truly. Poor Miranda.

Stacy

I really like Miranda's new car! I can't wait till I can have a car that doesn't take $70 to fill up. But look who I am complaining too!

Anne Adele

I'm so sorry to hear about the demise of Molly. But the Volvo sounds like a real sweet deal. The clouds are beautiful. It's a good thing that you took the time to notice them and then further to snap shots of them.

Miranda Gutierrez

Molly, Bonnie? Wow.. I didn't know everyone else had nicknames for her... I just knew her as THE ROCKET CAR...
Does dad have my seashells from Grandpa in his truck still?