CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Champions, Fair Parade, Demolition!

The Orangeville girls softball team took 1st place in the county tournament.
For their first place finish they received these cute pink hoodies.
The color guard. Jaron and Tiffany are in front of us.

Most Patriotic?
Our friendly Verizon dealer.
An Emery County tractor.

Peach Days Royalty. Notice Elise DeBry in the blue dress. She is a friend of Tennyson and Zack.
I like this woman's pose.
Cleveland Royalty. I think theirs was the best royalty float.
I don't know what the float committee for Miss Emery County was thinking.
SRJH Cheerleaders in action.


Emery County Progress float.
Best Theme? What was the theme?
This old firetruck was purchased by Castle Dale City in the early sixties when Aldo was the Mayor and Dad was a councilman. Dad and Aldo had to drive it home from Sandy in the middle of the winter. Notice it has no top. I'm sure it was a cold ride. I sat by Uncle Ray at the parade and he told me about the firetruck.

The Emery County High School marching band.



How did this coal truck get in the parade?
Emery Telcom made this cute float. It had a jungle theme.
This is the back of the float. It had a real waterfall.
Montell and the Pageant folks.
The Dusty Riders.




Garrett Debry helping us demolish our kitchen.


If all goes as planned, by the first part of September I will have a beautiful new kitchen and family room.





5 comments:

Miranda Gutierrez

The poor kitchen table... What happened? I can't believe you guys are actually re-doing it... Crazy..I'm excited to see the finished product.

I loved the Indian lady in the parade...Wow, what was she thinking?
Can't wait for you guys to get down here on Wednesday!

Rebecca, John & Gabe

I only hope your kitchen schedule goes better than ours has. "Oh, we can do that in just a couple of weeks" has turned into a couple of months, and he still only shows up sporadically. I recognize the mess, though! Good luck!

sara

So you guys are really doing it. So where are you guys eating and cooking. Is the Relief Society bringing your meals in or what. That is crazy but I am excited to see how it is all going to turn out.

Stacy

HOW ARE YOU EATING? Can't wait to come down and see it!

Alan and Shelley

I'm happy for you. A new kitchen! What can be better than that? there's no turning back, once the walls come down and the appliances are gone. so are you eating at grandpa's house? I would. Or grill chicken in the backyard or tinfoil dinners till Sept. I thought you had already been to Cedar city, and I see by Miranda's comment that you haven't been down yet. I wish that Banner and Tenny had been able to come to idaho for a cool-down vacation. It's been cooler here than in Utah, just the low 90's not high 90's. I hope the kitchen project goes well. Keep us posted.