CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Open House!

Here comes the bride.

Becky's surprise, an ice sculpture. Notice the fruit waterfall and assorted cheeses. When we got to Illinois I asked A.A. if this was going to be a light luncheon like Morgan's reception, she said NO, only snacks. Holy smokes! If this is snacks I'd like to see a dinner buffet.


To begin with we had pulled pork sandwiches then sushi, won tons, artichoke dip, ham and asparagus roll ups, assorted fruit, assorted cheese and crackers, chicken teriyaki skewers, shrimp and cocktail sauce, vegetables and dips.






I tried sushi for the first time, It wasn't too bad.




Then we come to the dessert table.



Tarts, eclairs, cheesecakes.




Chocolates,



Dipped strawberries and ice cream sundaes with assorted sauces, whipped cream, nuts and cherries. Also individually wrapped Jelly Bellies.


These are random photos of the guests.














Oh, I forgot the punch bowl and iced lemon water. Delicious!






For some reason Noah is alone in the receiving line.




Our Rachel!



Brooks really enjoyed the buffet and Seth really enjoyed the girls.



Jim hid Becky's food, she scowled at him.


Beautiful bouquets in the rest rooms.



Jim doing what he does best. Working!


Eric, Seth and Tennyson having a grand old time.



Brooks, replete after the sumptuous feast.



Silly kids.



Boys looking at girls.



Talking with the guests.


Maurie recovering and visiting with his mother and other family.



Banner, Tennyson and RaeLee(Becky's sister).


It's now 9:05. The clean-up crew has started.



The loaded Suburban.

We had a great time. The food was delicious and the company was even better. Thanks Anne Adele and Maurie for the crystal pitcher and the silver tray for Miranda, we will always treasure them and the time we spent with your family. Thanks also to Noah for the bowl. I'm excited to have an original Noah Coleman piece.
Nauvoo pictures will be posted later along with views of the deluxe accomodations in
Batavia.

5 comments:

liz and dennis

that looks like a wonderful reception. i'm glad you got to spend a few days with aa and company. the time we spent with them was too short. hope you are enjoying you dc souvenir.

Alan and Shelley

I love all the pictures of the "just a little open house with snacks." Too funny, but that is how AA and Maurie do things. All the way. I saw the one picture of you and I thought it was me. That may not make you feel good, but it shows that even I can get us mixed up. it lookslike a grand time was had by all. I heard you are coming to the Temple with us after all. I felt bad and sad when you said you couldn't last week, but am relieved that you are able to make it after all. Can't wait to see you all and hear about Nauvoo and Chicago first-hand. See you soon.

The Schauerhamers

I too saw the picture and thought it was my mom! How funny. I love all of the pictures of the open house. It looks like the girls had a blast. And so did Brooks! All that food? What man wouldn't? Oh and the one of NOah by himself in the line is funny too. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend and am soooo happy you will be there on Saturday! I didn't kow until I read my mom's comment! Good news! See you on Sat.

The Schauerhamers

OH I also saw the picture of Miranda and thought it could have been me. I don't usually think she looks like me but there she does. I love this family!

sara

I am little jealous that I did not get to partake of the light luncheon. It looked like my kind of spread. I am so glad that you guys were able to go. It looks like girls were quite the hit as well.