CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Smokey Days!

We woke up this morning to a thick haze of smoke. We don't know of any fires close so this must be smoke that has come up from the fire in southern Utah.

If you click on the picture you can barely see the stacks of the Hunter Plant in the background.



I can usually see Cedar Mountain from this view.



This is where I look for Window Blind and the Swell.
I'm pretty much confined to the house today. Smoke is the very worst thing to kick up my asthma. All of us are hoping they can get these fires out soon. Especially those that have homes in it's path.
I guess I can watch the first round of the U.S. Open, do more laundry and read some more Georgette Heyer. I have been revisiting some of her books that I read many years ago that were not among my personal favorites. I guess as a girl of seventeen and eighteen I didn't appreciate a heroine of 25 or 26. I am currently reading Bath Tangle. I have finished The Nonesuch, The Corinthian and The Masqueraders and found that I can appreciate them much more as an adult woman in my middle years.
I thought that I would be canning tomatoes at this time of year but alas, while I was in Idaho a foraging deer discovered my lovely vines weighed down with ripening tomatoes. I was not aware until this year that deer would eat tomatoes (even green ones). My vines have been stripped. Phil and Marilyn have had the same problem but were able to save a few which they have generously shared with us. Well, I still have my zucchini.

I just want to tell Zack that we love him and will be praying for his success in the mission field.

1 comments:

Stacy

I remember some terrible fires down in CA. I feel for you. SLC isn't much better. No fires, lots of smog. I wanted to thank you again for all the help two weeks ago and for taking the kids to ID.