CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cooking, Cleaning and Stuff

Tennyson made us this delicious salad the other day. We've been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables at our house. The tomatoes are from Lizzy's garden.

Whitney got a chance to cook at the Shurtliff's house.


The Green River melons are here, Banner loves them.



Tennyson cleaned her room and look what she found!



My collection of Lion House cookbooks is almost complete. I think I am only missing Lion House Weddings. I have the original Lion House, Lion House Lite, Lion House International, Lion House Entertaining, Lion House Desserts and Lion House Christmas.




This is the recipe for Cabbage Rolls or Burgers that Les wanted a long time ago. Start with a pound and a 1/2 of ground beef. Cook until brown. Drain.



Add salt.



Pepper.


One medium onion, diced.




One or two carrots, peeled and grated.



One small head of cabbage or 3/4 of a large, sliced thinly.



Cook until vegetables are tender with the meat.



One recipe of Lion House Dinner Rolls. This will make 32 rolls. If you don't want to make your own dough you can use Rhodes Rolls, thawed. I can make the dough in about 2 and 1/2 hours so it isn't really any faster to use frozen roll dough. It takes at least that much time to thaw them.
What I'm really saying is make your own dough, it's good practice.



I divide the dough in half. Each half will make 16 rolls. You should have pieces of dough about this size.



Roll each piece of dough out until flat and round.



Put a heaping spoonful of filling on the dough.



Fold the edges closed.


Put on a greased cookie sheet with the folded edges down.



Let the dough raise for at least and hour.



Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes.




Serve while they are hot. This is a family favorite at our house.



4 comments:

sara

I love cabbage rolls. I am craving them right now. I will have to settle for a sandwich instead. See you tomorrow night

Rebecca, John & Gabe

Hey! Those look almost good enough to eat! I'm going to have to try them. I was wondering what to do for dinner tomorrow night! We'll miss everyone this weekend! Wish we were going, too.

Alan and Shelley

Those cabbage rolls look delicious. They would be perfect for harvest dinners taken out to the field. I'm going to put them in my repertoir of field dinners. I'm so happy that Tenny found her head gear! Amazing Fauverettes.

Rebecca, John & Gabe

Just wanted to let you know I actually made the cabbage rolls! They turned out great. I didn't even cheat on the bread -- I made my own for the Lion House Cookbook. We all really enjoyed them! Even Gabriel, who told me he wasn't sure he liked cooked cabbage!