CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Banner's 15th Birthday!

Banner wanted to play "Restaurant" for her birthday.  She and Miranda got dressed up for the occasion.  Miranda's dress is a little old fashioned (I think she borrowed it from Betsy Ross) but they both looked lovely.

Studying the menu.

A little pricey!

Introducing the "Chef".

They started out with tasty drinks

while Chef made their salads.

Chef's secret recipe homemade croutons.

Happy faces after a delicious lunch.

Now it's Tennyson's turn (too bad she forgot to iron her dress).

A personal note of encouragement.

And now, for the birthday cake.  Banner wanted peanut butter cake with peanut butter frosting.  I thought it needed a little chocolate so I added ganache between the layers and on top.

She easily blew out the 15 candles.

She got clothes from us, a dress from Miranda and Brooks, a pink headband from Lizzy, a symphony bar and book from Dennis and money from her grandparents.  I hope she had a good day.

6 comments:

Whit

I'm sad that I missed it. I guess I will have to come down this weekend to enjoy whatever you guys can come up with. I am working on Thursday but I will come down after I get done. Can't wait to be back at home.

Anne Adele

Happy Birthday Banner Boo. I'm glad that you got to dress up and play restaurant. Maybe we should try that idea at our next family birthday. I lika your hat. So I find out from the blogs that you are better at blowing out candles Maybe you can give her lessons.

Stacy

Esme will need 13 more years till she can blow out candles like a pro, I guess! What a fun party! That cake looked tasty!

sara

Oh my gosh! I am dying about the Restaurant idea. Takes me back. I like that someone was actually making the food. Usually we had to pretend. What clever girls to come up with such a fun Birthday idea. By the way Tenny was wearing one of my old mission dresses. It has obviously seen better days. I thought it was long gone to DI. Who knew. Happy Belated Birthday to Banner. Her present is a comin

Alan and Shelley

Wow, the restaurant looked fun, however the tea was a little costy. Nice of Betsy Ross to show up. Speaking of dress ups, Leah informed me today that she needed to have a Belle dwess and Lily needed a Sweeping Booty dwess.

Alan and Shelley

Oh, and Happy Birthday Banner! It was marked on my calendar and I thought of you, but thought you were turning twelve not fifteen. Darn, where does the time go?