CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My So Called Yard!

My first iris. They are in the shade under the aspens so they are a little late blooming. Mom gave me some of hers years ago when she was clearing her iris bed. Purple iris always remind me of her.
My Vinca Minor (Periwinkle)
This ornamental Morning Glory gets bigger and bigger every year.
The Peony is about to bloom. It is already covered with ants.
A bloom on our Dogwood Bush(I think).

I'm not much of a gardener and I don't enjoy working in the yard but I set a goal to work in the yard at least 15 minutes every day. I hope I can keep up with the weeds and at least have a moderately attractive yard.

3 comments:

liz and dennis

good pictures, i like seeing them ,although i guess if i drive to orangeville i can see things first hand. i have the goal of working in the garden every day too. things would be much more the way i want them if i would just do that.

Stacy

Love the flowers. I didn't realize that dogwood's grew up here. How beautiful, they grow like crazy everywhere down in TX.

Alan and Shelley

That's a good goal. I would love to be working in my yard right now, except it's raining like crazy. Much too wet. Your purple flowers are beautiful. Are you a purple planter? I find that I plant mostly pinks and purples. i have to intentionally plant brighter colors to give variety to my yard. I'm working on a flower bed scheme today with all colors.