CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

This Week's Projects(and last week).

I started collecting the fabric for this quilt last fall. Whitney and I went to Gardner Village and found some of the fabrics but they only had a couple of fat quarters of the green dot. I think the green dot makes the quilt so I researched on the internet and found it was very hard to come by. I didn't look anymore until 2 weeks ago when I decided I'd better get busy on this quilt. Needless to say , this year I was able to find some more of the green dot. All of this fabric is from the Moda Mistletoe Manor collection from 2006 holiday fabrics. I wanted to make this quilt for Miranda as soon as I saw it in a quilting magazine. The fact that she is getting married in December just moved this quilt up on my schedule ahead of Tennyson and Banner's quilts.

I had been spending a lot of time in this chair but Wednesday morning I had to go to the church to practice the organ(Lizzy chose a choir piece with a hard organ part) and teach an organ lesson. When I got back Lucy was here in the chair and she didn't move all afternoon. I could've moved her but I thought it was funny that she decided to have her long afternoon nap in that particular place.


A close up of the fabric and my stitching. Notice my "kitty pillow" pin cushion in the background. Banner made that for me for my birthday .


This is the center part of the quilt all put together.


Here it is. I still have to put on the 3 borders and am waiting for the fabric for the back and binding but I think the colors are beautiful. Hopefully Miranda will love it.

This is our project from a week ago. Jim put up the backsplash in our kitchen.

A different view.


A close up.


This is a picture Banner took after a little rainstorm we had. Notice the rainbow in the lower left corner.

3 comments:

Alan and Shelley

I think your quilt will make Miranda really happy. it is so cute and I like the pattern and the colors. Nice job. You made it so I can't get a close-up of the kitty pillow. And my eyes are so bad that I can't see anything without my glasses. the vp debate just finished and I really think that Palin did a very good job. Really good. What do you think?

Anne Adele

I think the green dotted fabric really makes those sashes. It's good you spent the extra time to find just the right fabric. You should be very happy with your labors. Show us another blog when you have the borders on. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece of art. Congratulations to Jim for the tile work. It looks very professional. The color you chose ties the kitchen together. I'm sorry I missed the V.P.debate. I was tied up with something else. I will have to read about it in the morning paper. It is not the same I realize, but I was taking advantage of Maurie being gone and I was doing some cleaning and catching up on laundry. I had nine loads of laundry to do after all our family left on Tuesday morning. I've never let my laundry pile up that bad before. First time for everything.

sara

The quilt is so cute. She will have 2 quilts that are completely opposite in colors so that will be good. I have been motivated to start mine for her. I am really looking forward to the quilting machine arrival. I hope that we can catch on fast and make these quilts really cute and nice for her.