CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

First Ever Emery High Swim Meet!

Emery High School hosted it's first ever swim meet yesterday at our new Aquatic center in Castle Dale.

They invited Carbon High for this first home meet. Since Carbon is no longer in our region this is just a practice.


Here is Tennyson swimming her leg of the freestyle relay.




The breastroke.




What fine form.




Two years ago, Whitney gave me this quilt kit for an early Christmas present. If I remember correctly, we pulled it out of the bag and looked at it and found that it didn't have good instructions. I put it away and did nothing with it. When Whitney was home recently, she mentioned that I had never done anything with her gift. She then left it out for me to find. I got the hint and finally put it together. We were right initially, the instructions were horrible.
After a few problems, I finally finished it yesterday. I put it in the washer before I went to Tennyson's swim meet and when we came home the washer had a flashing OE on the front. I didn't bother to pull out the owner's manual but just tried running the washer again. It stopped again so I got out the manual and found that OE means a clog in the hose or the filter. After Jim drained the washer through a little hose, he pulled out the filter and it was totally clogged with thread from my Christmas rag quilt. He removed the clog and we tried again. This time it made it through a whole wash cycle and then the dryer.



Banner decided she liked to snuggle under it and watch T.V. It really is a soft, cute quilt even though it gave me a few frustrating moments.




0 comments: