CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pretty in Pink!

Before Whitney's mission, she had an obsession for fat quarters. For those of you that don't know what a fat quarter is, it is a piece of fabric that measures 18 x 22 inches. She would pick up a few at a time when she went to fabric stores. When Whit was home for Fall Break a few weeks ago she got a couple of bags of fat quarters out of her cedar chest. One of the bags was full of 20 fat quarters in various shades of pink and white. I thought they were all cute fabrics but I didn't really have an idea for them. Last week I was looking at the blog of modern quilts and saw a pattern called a Bento Box. I decided Whit's cute pink pieces of fabric would look great put together in squares.

I asked Whitney if I could make her a quilt top for her bed out of her pink fabrics. Of course she said "yes". I divided the 20 fat quarters in to 4 groups of five. Each block has one of row of each the five fabrics in it. I will eventually have twenty blocks, but for now here are the first ten.

A closer look.


I love the polka dots.



Because these turned out so cute, I decided not to cut them into the Bento Box squares. I like them just the way they are.



4 comments:

sara

They are very cute. My Mia Maid advisor is pregnant and will find out what she is having tomorrow. I decided I want to do a quilt for her. I have not done one since April for little Lil. It will be fun to dust off the old sewing machine and get to work. Maybe I can quilt it over Christmas.

Whit

Um...that is the cutest quilt. I can't believe you are going to make me ruin it. What do I mean, you said I had to quilt it. I guess I better get some more practice in before I do that. I'm glad you are so creative. Thanks mom.

Alan and Shelley

What do you do all day? Sew? You're driving me nuts. Everytime I look at my blog, you've made another quilt. I am uber impressed. Crocheting, quilting, what will come next? Weaving?

wasim

they are very cute ...!
Work From Home India